Fashion law is an evolving field that draws from a number of areas of law that do not necessarily offer a ready solution for the fashion designer or company. We serve fashion designers and distributors internationally. Our depth of experience in copyright and trademark law, business and corporate law, and licensing are key in the fashion area. We are able to advise clients with questions involving rights, relationships, marketing, distribution and exploitation of designs and products. In addition to assisting with design development, branding, marketing, and the intellectual property involved, we aid in developing a legally sound business structure for new and growing enterprises and relationships with employees, independent contractors, and designers.
We give practical advice about unfair competition, confidentiality and non-disclosure, counterfeit goods and design protection, and brand development. We keep up with developments relating to the Design Piracy Prohibition Act and other evolving areas in fashion, design, and retail in order to provide well-grounded and cutting-edge legal advice to our fashion and design clients.
Examples of Fashion Law Services Provided:
- Brand Portfolio Protection
- Licensing Agreements
- Design and Trade Secret Protection
- Sponsorship and Endorsement Arrangements
- Domestic and International Trademark Registration and Enforcement
- Business Formation and Partnership Arrangements
- Employment Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Non-disclosure Agreements
- Counterfeit and Customs Issues
- Copyright Registration and Enforcement (when applicable)
- Independent Contractor, Consultant, and Design/Development Agreements
- Website Development and E-Commerce Matters