You agree to abide by all of the terms of this Agreement as a condition of your continuing use of or access to the Website.
- Website: The Website is proprietary to CIL and is protected by copyright, other intellectual property law and international intellectual property treaties. Your access to the Website is by license, or with the permission of CIL. You are provided with personal and non-exclusive access to the Website subject to the terms and limitations set forth in this Agreement.You agree that the Website may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (i) equipment malfunctions; (ii) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which CIL may undertake; (iii) causes beyond the control of CIL, whether foreseeable or not, or (iv) CIL’s decision to discontinue the site.
- Security and Privacy. You shall be solely responsible for the security, confidentiality, integrity and use of all messages and/or the content that You transmit to the Website. Except as otherwise indicated below, CIL will use reasonable efforts not to monitor, edit, or disclose any personal information about You, including your name, address, email, phone number or use of the Website, without your prior consent unless CIL has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with the legal process or legal requirements of any governmental authority; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of CIL; (iii) enforce this Agreement; (iv) protect the interests of users or the Website other than You or any other person; or (v) operate or conduct maintenance and repair of CIL’s services or equipment, including the Website. Personal information that is voluntarily submitted to CIL is not sold, and is not shared with entities outside the firm other than appropriate service providers who assist the firm in carrying out its legal, marketing and business functions. CIL provides You with the right to opt-out of receiving marketing and other discretionary communications, and to update, supplement or delete your own voluntarily submitted personal information which CIL uses for the previously noted purposes.
- No Attorney-Client Relationship. Simply contacting CIL by email, phone or by other means will not establish an attorney-client relationship between You and CIL. Transmission of information between CIL and You is not intended to, and will not create, an attorney-client relationship between CIL and You. An attorney-client relationship will not be formed unless and until the Principal Attorney expressly and explicitly agrees in a written engagement letter with You that the firm will undertake an attorney-client relationship with You, or as provided by law. You should not transmit any confidential or sensitive information to us until a formal attorney-client relationship has been established, as CIL does not agree to accept and/or maintain the secrecy of any unsolicited information You send to us unless a formal attorney-client relationship exists. CIL cannot permit an attorney-client relationship to begin until relevant information concerning potential conflicts of interest are evaluated. Even in the absence of any conflict of interest, CIL may decide not to enter into an attorney-client relationship with You. The information and content contained on the Website is not intended to constitute legal advice, and You should contact an attorney before relying on any information or content on the Website.
- Attorney Advertising. The contents of this Website may constitute advertising under the applicable laws, regulations and ethical rules of some jurisdictions. If this Website fails to comply with the Bar Rules of the state from which You access or view this site, CIL does not wish to represent You. Unless specifically noted on the Website, CIL attorneys are not certified by the boards of legal specialization of any state.
- Content Restrictions. All materials included on this Website including but not limited to text, graphics, images, logos and other materials, and all related intellectual property (trademarks, service marks, trade dress and copyrights), are owned by CIL or are displayed by CIL with permission of its owners or as permitted by applicable law. You agree not to copy, reproduce, display, modify, transmit or distribute such materials, except printing copies for your own, non-commercial use, without the prior written consent of CIL. These Restrictions apply to content in all adaptations or transformations and in all media and forms, now existing or hereafter developed.
- Changes. CIL reserves the rights to change, modify, add or remove any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time in CIL’s sole and absolute discretion. Changes in this Agreement will be posted on this Website. Your continued use of this Website after any changes are made shall be deemed acceptance of the changes.
- Prohibited Uses. You are solely responsible for your acts and omissions when using the Website, and You agree not to engage in unacceptable use of the Website, including and not limited to the use of the Website to: (a) transmit unsolicited messages, chain letters, or unsolicited commercial email; (b) transmit material that, to a reasonable person may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious; (c) transmit files, graphics, software or other material that actually or potentially infringes on copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any person; (d) transmit viruses, or any other malicious code or programs; or (e) engage in any other activity deemed by CIL to be in conflict with this Agreement.
- Links to Other Websites. This Website may contain links to other websites for your convenience, however these websites are not under the control of CIL, and CIL has no responsibility for the content contained on any linked site and disclaims all liability for anything contained on a linked site. If You link to any websites from the Website, You do so entirely at your own risk.