We are pleased to have long-term involvement with a number of sustainable non-profit organizations in the educational, medical, performing arts, ecology and food fields.
We provide our clients with legal advice and services in the formation and continued operation of non-profit organizations, including public benefit and mutual benefit corporations.
We have expertise in sound organization and governance matters, three decades of hands-on guidance for new and evolving non-profit companies, and well-tested facilitation techniques.
Non-profit Organization Legal Services Provided:
- Selection and Formation of Appropriate Nonprofit Organization
- Articles of Incorporation
- Corporate Governance Issues and Policies
- Employment Agreements and Disputes
- Trademark and Copyright Protection
- IRS and State Tax Registration and Approvals
- Attorney General Inquiries
- Dissolution Issues and Formalities
- Organization of Mergers
- Scope of Activities Matters
- Donor, Sponsorship and Funding Issues
- Guidance for Board Meetings and Strategic Alliances
- Review of Press Releases and Other Public Communications
- Contractual Matters
- Other non-profit organization legal ervices