Trade secrets law can help your company protect economically-valuable techniques and procedures from exploitation by others. The parameters of trade secret and competition are of particular interest to our entrepreneurial, technology and media clients. Trade secret protection requires proactive work by the creative enterprise to ensure that its practices are consistent with the proprietary interests it develops and values. This area also raises special concerns for executive and technical employees and contractors, and different state and national jurisdictions have different approaches to competitive restrictions. A misstep can lead to loss of protection options and intellectual property. All of this can be overwhelming. With a conscientious legal team to inform the company’s practices, develop policies and help protect company trade secrets, the task can become systematic.
We advise our clients about how to exploit the value of their trade secrets while protecting against misappropriation. Given the mobility of workforces, companies must take special precautions when hiring consultants and contractors to work with highly sensitive information. We provide guidance to our clients about taking the appropriate measures to ensure compliance with both state and national trade secret measures. Even while the area changes rapidly, particularly in technical and media areas, we empower our clients with the advice and tools they need to guard their most valuable trade secrets.
Examples of Trade Secret and Competition Services Provided:
- Confidentiality, Non-Disclosure and Non-Competition Agreements
- Assistance With Implementing Internal Controls
- Creation of Company Trade Secret Policies and IP
- Development of a Licensing Program
- Negotiate Sale of Commercially Marketable Trade Secrets
- Obtain Injunctive Relief Prohibiting Actual or Threatened Misappropriation
- Pre-trial Consultation to Determine Rights and Choose Civil or Criminal Remedies
- Resolve Business Buyout and Manager Issues